Here We Are Again

» Posted by on Mar 23, 2012 in Updates | 3 comments

Well unfortunately we have landed ourselves back in the hospital. Ethan started vomiting last night which continued through until the morning. By 7am his fever was spiking up over our 101 threshold. So we went into the clinic at 9am. They drew a bunch of cultures and gave him IV fluids and anti-nausea medicine. His fever didn’t improve so they decided to admit him to the hospital and start a strong antibiotic. He slept most of the day. It was odd to see him so still… I hadn’t seen him like that since our first hospital stay. We finally got a room at 5pm and since then he has perked up quite a bit. Right now he is playing Angry Birds Space and munching on dinner. We will be here at least until the 24 hour cultures come back and he stays fever free. So we might get out of here on Saturday night in a best case scenario.

Things to pray for:
Right now they have us in a private room outside of the cancer unit, please pray that we stay here and do not have to move to a shared room in the cancer unit.
That the nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and fever will stay away.
That all of his cultures will come back negative.
That I will continue to get over the flu and not regress.


  1. Hi, my name is Matt. I’m Kate Rollins cousin. I will keep Ethan in my prayers. I work at Seattle Children’s Hospital so I know is in good hands.

    Can I draw a picture for Ethan, I would like to help support him.

  2. thinking of you all, Em.

  3. We are holding great thoughts and prayers for little Ethan. We know he will get through this ..God bless:)

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>